Join Our Board
The Mental Health Association in Orange County, Inc. Board of Directors are committed individuals with particular skills, talents, and resources.
This volunteer role gives you an opportunity to connect with corporate and nonprofit leaders, use your skillset with experts across industries, and contribute to strategic planning while enhancing the lives of individuals and families of individuals with mental health challenges, developmental disabilities, and victims of sexual violence.
Serving as a board member is one of the most rewarding volunteer experiences. Board members play a vital role in strengthening our organization and have the opportunity to directly affect change through their involvement with MHA. Our nonprofit is committed to having our board represent the communities we serve. We encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
- Expertise to support our mission, preferably in mental health, developmental disabilities, supporting victims of sexual assault, and/or marketing, communications, public relations, or similar field(s)
- Community connections, with a willingness to leverage strengths and contacts
- Financial resources, through community connections, corporation relations, and personal giving
- Two-year board term
- Active participation in fundraising/development
- Attendance at bi-monthly board meetings: six meetings per year, Thursdays 5:00 PM-7:00 PM
- Participation in at least one board subcommittee: 2-4 hours per month
- Partaking in a yearly planning session (weekend)
- Participation and promotion of agency outreach and fundraising
- Personal giving in support of our mission
For more information, please contact Angela Jo Henze, Executive Director at 845-342-2400 x1326 or email us by clicking here.