Shop our donation registries or select Mental Health Association in Orange County, Inc. as your Round-Up charity.
FOOD DONATIONS & FOOD DRIVES
We accept donations of assorted unexpired non-perishable foods and hygiene products year-round at our Hudson House location at 100 Leprechaun Lane, New Windsor NY.
Please note that we are unable to accept private donations of expired food. When planning a food drive, encourage your donors to think in terms of a day’s meals and the traditional food pyramid. Download a list of our most needed items here.
ALL FOOD DONATIONS MUST BE WITHIN THEIR EXPIRATION DATE. While the item may still be safe to eat, we are unfortunately unable to accept any type of private food donation that is past its expiration date.
MHA is a member agency of the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley. Help your dollars stretch further by donating directly to our food budget via the Food Bank's "Adopt-A-Program". Learn more by visiting the Food Bank of the Hudson Valley's website at the link above.
We are very grateful for long-term partnerships and are actively seeking new ones to help provide for our clients’ emergency needs.
MHA does not have the ability to pick up, nor store, furniture donations at this time. We are only able to accept gently used furniture when there is an immediate need, and the donor is able to deliver.
Please email us at email@example.com with your offer of furniture and include the following information:
- Clear photos of each item
- In respect to those with allergies, please tell us whether or not the furniture is from a smoke-free, pet-free home.
- If you are able to deliver, what is the radius (we work within Orange County).
- Let us know if there is a time frame in which you need to move the furniture. Please note that, due to the complex safety concerns and confidentiality surrounding the work that we do, in most cases we will not be able to coordinate a furniture donation with less than 48-hour notice.
MHA does not accept donations of gently used clothing. We have an extremely limited amount of storage space. To help us manage these offers and use them more efficiently, we recommend donating to local thrift shops that use the funds raised to benefit their community.
- The Newburgh Ministry Thrift Store in Newburgh 845-561-0070
- The Hope Chest Thrift Boutique in Pine Island/Warwick which is home to a FREE clothing bank called "The Clothing Closet". More information can be found on their website.
- Red Door Thrift Shop in Goshen 845-294-5521
- Country Store Thrift Shop in Washingtonville 845-496-8015
- Bloomingdeals in New Windsor, which benefits the Hudson Valley SPCA 845-561-3180
We can accept donation of brand-new items such as sweatpants, undergarments, and socks.