SUPPORT GROUPS SPONSORED BY MHA
- Autism Discussion Group for parents of teens and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders networking, support, information, dialogue Third Tuesday of the Month at 7:00 pm
- Eating Disorders Support Group- Monthly meetings will provide discussion, support, education, information and sharing of experiences. Meetings will take place the 2nd Wednesday of each Month at 6pm. Registration is required. For information about the Coalition, contact Debbie de Jong, Coalition Chair and Associate Executive Director @ (845) 342-2400 Ext. 248. Click here for more info.
Family Support/National Alliance on Mentall Illness, Orange County (NAMI-AMICO) Provides education, information and support for families and friends of persons with a mental illness. Guest speakers are featured monthly at each meeting. Also provides 12-week classes for families of adults with mental illness. Monthly meetings are held second Monday of every month at Mental Health Association at 7 pm and usually have a speaker of interest. Dates may change for specific events so call Family Support at 342-2400 x 238 or NAMI AMICO at 956-6264 for information. Visit the NEW Website at www.namiamico.org
- Developmental Disabilites Information Alliance- Providing support through education, information, encouragement and sharing. Meetings are informal with occasional guest speakers on relevant topics. Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 12:00pm-2pm at MHA or at a community location.
- Developmental Disabilities Support Group-Providing support through education, information, encouragement and sharing. Meetings are informal with occasional guest speakers on relevant topics. Meets the 1st Tuesday of every month at 10:00am-12pm at MHA or at a community location. For more info call 845-342-2400, Ext. 253.
- NAMI Connections Recovery Support Group for Adults with Mental Illness- This meeting offers a flexible and casual environment and is led by trained individuals who are also in recovery. Meeting meets every Friday at 6-7:30 pm. Call, Chris at 914-582-2006, Megan at 845 323-2856 or NAMI at 956-6264. Meets at First Presbyterian Church: 33 Park Place, Goshen, NY 10924
- Online Support Group- This support group is designed to meet the needs of the parents in Orange County, NY by providing support through education, information, encouragement and sharing in a convenient informal way. We understand that as parents and caregivers your schedules can be very demanding and we would like to offer an alternative to the traditional support groups that are sometimes very difficult to attend. This on-line forum will allow you to participate at your leisure and from the comfort of your own home
. Call 845-342-2400, Ext 253 for details. Directions to Register
- Support Group for Family and Friends of Those with Eating Disorders- Provides discussion, information and sharing of experiences for family members and friends of those with eating disorders.
- Family and Friends Together- Family and Friends Together provides support for families and friends of an adult who suffers from mental illness. This group provides information, education and support. Meets the third Thursday of every month from 7:00-9:00 p.m. at the Mental Health Association. This is a sharing and caring support group.
- Family Ties - A support group for parents and families with children/adolescents who have emotional, behavioral or social difficulties (including Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders.) Meets the second Wednesday of each month from 7:00 – 9:00 PM at MHA in Middletown. Call MHA at 845-342-2400 Ext. 246 for more information